Sea buckthorn: The Ingredient Your Skin Needs for a Glowing, Healthy Skin
When it comes to skincare, there are countless ingredients and products to choose from. But if you’re looking for something truly transformative, it’s time to consider sea buckthorn. This little-known berry, native to the mountains of Europe and Asia, is packed with nutrients that can do wonders for your skin. We’ve rounded up the top five reasons why sea buckthorn is the ingredient you need to incorporate into your skincare routine.
- Rich in antioxidants: Sea buckthorn is an excellent source of antioxidants, including vitamins C and E, which can help protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals. These molecules, formed by exposure to pollution, UV radiation, and other environmental stressors, can cause premature aging and wrinkles. But sea buckthorn’s antioxidants can neutralize them, keeping your skin looking youthful and radiant.
- Contains anti-inflammatory compounds: Sea buckthorn is also rich in anti-inflammatory compounds, such as flavonoids, which can help reduce redness and inflammation in the skin. This makes it particularly beneficial for those with sensitive skin or conditions such as eczema and rosacea.
- Contains essential fatty acids: Sea buckthorn is one of the few plants that contain all four types of essential fatty acids: omega-3, omega-6, omega-7, and omega-9. These fatty acids are vital for maintaining the health of your skin’s lipid barrier, which keeps moisture in and irritants out. They also help to reduce inflammation and improve the overall health of the skin.
- Contains carotenoids: Sea buckthorn is also rich in carotenoids, a type of pigment that gives the berry its bright orange color. These pigments act as natural sunscreens, protecting your skin from UV damage. They also have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, making them great for preventing and repairing damage from UV radiation.
- Contains vitamins and minerals: Sea buckthorn is also an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A and selenium. These nutrients are essential for maintaining healthy skin. They help to improve skin elasticity, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, and boost collagen production.
Sea buckthorn has been used for centuries in traditional medicine, originating from the mountains of Europe and Asia. It’s been used to treat a variety of skin-related ailments, including eczema, psoriasis, and sunburn. It’s also been used to improve the overall health of the skin, hair, and nails.
CBD, like sea buckthorn, is also celebrated for its skin repairing and protective properties. These two ingredients happen to work beautifully together to provide a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant action and improve the health of the skin’s lipid barrier, which keeps moisture in and irritants out. The Recovery formula of Vital Leaf CBD Healing Balm line is rich in sea buckthorn, as well as additional skin soothing and renewing properties such as shea butter, meadowfoam, jojoba, arnica, buriti oil, cupuaçu butter*, and vitamin E.
Sea buckthorn’s combination of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, essential fatty acids, carotenoids, and vitamins and minerals makes it a powerful, functional ingredient for protecting and repairing your skin.