We have been getting creative in the kitchen making CBD infused treats and we were deliciously inspired by Marie Reginato’s Matcha Cashew Chocolate Cups recipe!
We adapted her recipe to infuse each cup with CBD (using our CBD chocolate), the immune-boosting and stress-busting power of Reishi (with Butterfly Superfood’s Chocolate Reishi Nut Butter), and L-Theanine rich Matcha for a boost in mental clarity and brain functioning. Not only delicious, but wonderfully supportive during these stressful times.
– 1.7 oz Vital Leaf Classic Dark chocolate bar
– 6 oz additional chocolate of choice
– 1/2 Cup Butterfly Foods Chocolate Reishi Nut Butter
– 2 Teaspoons Matcha Powder
– Sea Salt
– Chop chocolate and place in a double-boiler, stirring gently until just melted.
– Using a medium-sized lined cupcake pan, fill the bottom layer of 6-7 cups with a generous tablespoon of chocolate. (Silicone cupcake pans and liners make these treats a breeze to pop out of the mold!)
– Make sure that the first layer of chocolate coasts the bottom of the cupcake liner. Once you have used about half of the chocolate, place the cupcake pan in the freezer until set.
– Stir together the matcha powder and Butterfly Food’s Chocolate Reishi Nut Butter until well mixed. If you want a more vibrant green filling, you can substitute this nut butter flavor with any of the other flavors offered by Butterfly Superfoods (Classic, Cinnamon Vanilla, or Rosemary), or simply use a nut butter you have available in your pantry.
– Remove set chocolate from the freezer and divide the matcha and nut butter mixture evenly between each cup and spread to level each cup. Divide the remaining melted chocolate evenly amongst each cup and spread to ensure that it covers the nut butter completely.
-Sprinkle with sea salt and place in the freezer for 15 minutes to set. Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Photo credits: Marie Reginato